EBSCOhost Research Database is an accumulation of databases designed to help you find the answer to any question. The databases include
- MasterFILE Premier contains full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals, nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as a substantial amount of photos, maps and flags.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia database indexes over 25,000 records, covering an array of topics. Full text for each record may be easily accessed by double clicking on the topic from the display.
- Primary Search is about library and educational services for children. This resource contains full text for more than 70 popular elementary school magazines. All full text articles are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for nearly 100 magazines. Publications covered include: American Heritage Children’s Dictionary, Appleseeds, Boys’ Life, Cobblestone, Cricket, Highlights for Children, Hopscotch, Jack & Jill, Ladybug, Ranger Rick, Science World, Spider, SuperScience, Time for Kids, Turtle, and many more.
- Middle Search Plus provides full text for more than 140 popular, middle school magazines. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles). Full text is also available for thousands of biographies and historical essays. Middle Search Plus also contains 84,774 biographies, 105,786 primary source documents, and a School Image collection of photos, maps and flags.
- Academic Search Premier is a multi-disciplinary full text database containing more than 4,600 journals, including nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for more than 8,500 journals. This scholarly collection offers information in nearly every area of academic study including: computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts and literature, medical sciences, ethnic studies, and many more. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles. The majority of full text titles are available in searchable PDF, or scanned-in-colour.
The resources available include
The largest research database of its kind, this includes full-text articles from Canadian and international periodicals, reference books and biographies, and thousands of images from the Canadian Press.
NoveList Plus – a readers’ advisory service, that includes a wide range of feature content including author read-alikes, book discussion guides, and age-appropriate reading lists. For more information on NoveList click here.
Home Improvement Reference Center – A full text database featuring step-by-step instructions for thousands of projects including plumbing, outdoor projects, woodworking, electrical, and decorating, provided in high-quality printable PDFs. These are supplemented with thousands of tips and suggestion articles from magazines and reference books.
Small Engine Repair Reference Center – This database provides detailed, printable, repair guides for all manner of small engines. All of the content is organized in a powerful, easy-to-use manner so that users can quickly gain the information they need.
Auto Repair Source – Auto Repair Source™ provides authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. Find step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins and recalls, and more.
Prenda – The Prenda Code Club lets kids (and adults) learn at their own pace and work on projects that are interesting to them. Numerous tutorials and projects, users will gain the skills necessary to build websites, video games, apps, animations, programs, and more.
Canadian Points of View Reference Centre contains resources that present multiple sides of a current issue, including information on key topics of interest to Canadian researchers. This database provides rich content that can help you realize and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues, and develop analytical thinking skills.
explora is EBSCO’S interface for schools and public Libraries, it supports both student research and classroom instruction with simple searches that quickly deliver relevant results, easy-to-browse categories, topic overviews, and much more.