- Each membership will be issued a library card.
- A membership is required to borrow library materials.
- A replacement charge of $5.00 will be levied for lost or damaged library cards. A card that has been stolen or lost due to extreme circumstances may be replaced free of charge at the discretion of the Director.
A charge of $1.00/item is placed upon all DVDs at time of borrowing.
Library members may have up to 30 physical items checked out at a time per account.
- 6 magazines
- 5 DVDs
- 5 CDAs
- 5 Kits
- Books, CDAs, DVDs Kits, Magazines: 21 days
- New or recently acquired DVDs and Magazines: 7 days
- Items on loan may be renewed for one additional loan period.
- If a library item is still required after the renewed loan period, the item may be borrowed again if the item is brought back to the library in person and no reserve request has been made of the item.
- Items held on reserve cannot be renewed.
- You can renew via your online account or by contacting the library.
- Items in the library collection can be placed on reserve.
- The patron will be contacted when the item is on reserve for them.
- Item(s) will be held for 2 working days.
- Patrons may request an additional holding time for their on-reserve items.
- Failure to pick up reserved items will result in a $0.50 fee.
- A reserve may be cancelled without penalty prior to the pickup deadline.
Fees are levied only on the days the library is open. All Junior and Primary materials are exempt from overdue fees. Fees can be reduced or waived for unusual or serious circumstances at the discretion of the Director. If you believe you qualify, please ask for a form at the front desk.
|Print Materials & ILLs – Adult & Young Adult||.25 cents/day|
|DVDs & CDAs- Adult & Young Adult||.25 cents/day|
Lost / Damaged Items
If borrowed item(s) are lost while signed out by the patron, the patron may be responsible for reimbursing the library for the value of the item(s) at the time of purchase. It may not be possible to replace an item with an identical one. Replacement of the item will be left to the discretion of the Director, in keeping with the Collection Development Policy.
Suspension of Privileges
Borrowing privileges may be suspended if
- If an item becomes 4 weeks overdue
- Library staff will make at least 3 attempts to inform patrons of overdue items in this 4 week period.
- Overdue fines will not exceed the value of the item(s) at the time of purchase.
- Unpaid fines over $6 accumulate
- Repeated incidences of items being lost or damaged
- In addition to late fees, patrons will be charged the value of the item(s) at time of purchase.
- At the discretion of the Director
A notice is mailed to the patron or their parent/guardian to inform them that their borrowing privileges are about to be suspended and the reason why. Privileges that were suspended due to lost materials will be reinstated if item(s) are returned in the condition they were borrowed in within 3 months of the final notice.