- May be made for items not in the local collection.
- When the item(s) arrive at the library, they will be placed on reserve.
- The patron will be contacted 3 times before an uncollected item is returned to its home library.
- Failure to pick up an ILL request will result in a $2 charge to the patron’s account.
- Failure to cancel an unwanted ILL request before it arrives will result in a $2 charge to the patron’s account.
- Any borrowing charges or fines levied by the lending library, including return postage for out of province items, will be borne by the patron.
- ILL fees for items not collected will be charged to the patron’s account.
- Fines for lost or damaged ILLs are set by the lending library.
- ILL privileges may be suspended if the borrower does not adhere to the loan terms set by Portage la Prairie Regional Library and the lending library.
- Late ILL materials are subject to late fees of $0.25 per day.
- A maximum of 6 ILL requests may be made at one time.
To view our Borrowing Policy, click here.
Inter-Library loan requests may be made at the front counter of the library or via telephone. As a member library, we will attempt to locate all inter-library loan requests through Spruce Library Co-op libraries first.
fILL is a search tool provided by the Province of Manitoba through Public Library Services which allows an individual to search and to request material, through our website, from other Manitoba libraries.
To initiate an inter-library loan request on fILL, click here.