- All applicants over 18 must produce a piece of photo identification and proof of address.
- Every adult must sign for their own library membership.
- If necessary, another adult may co-sign for the applicant’s library membership.
- Library staff may take steps to ensure that the member consents to and is aware of the responsibilities of library membership.
- Those under the age of 18 must have their membership card co-signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Minors living independently can sign for a membership card.
- Memberships will be cancelled if the account has not been renewed within one year after the renewal date
Anyone residing within the City and RM of Portage la Prairie is a resident member.
Anyone owning or renting property within the City and RM boundaries will be given resident membership status.
- There will be no charge for applicants meeting these requirements.
- Resident memberships are valid for five years from date of issue.
- Applicants not meeting the requirements of a resident membership are considered a non-resident members.
- Non-residents are charged an annual membership fee.
- Single $20
- Family $45
- Block $30
- Digital $10
- Non-resident memberships are valid for one year from date of issuance.
- A single membership may be changed to a family membership.
- The membership renewal date will be set to the date of the change.
For those residing within the City and RM of Portage la Prairie on a short-term basis.
- Temporary memberships are valid for six months from date of issue.
- If the Temporary member becomes a resident, their membership can be upgraded to a resident membership.
- The resident membership begins at the time of the upgrade.
- For individuals and families residing in shelters within the Portage community, a Temporary or Digital Membership may be provided upon request at the discretion of library management.
Block memberships enable organizations and teachers to borrow larger quantities of materials from the Portage la Prairie Regional Library collection than an individual membership. Details regarding Block Memberships can be found in the Library’s Block Loan Policy.
Block memberships are available to organizations, schools, and government certified home-school teachers who reside or own property within the boundaries of the City of Portage la Prairie or Rural Municipality of Portage la Prairie.
Block memberships are available to organizations, schools, and government certified home-school teachers who reside outside the boundaries of the City of Portage la Prairie and Rural Municipality of Portage la Prairie for $30 a year.
To view our Block Loan Policy click here.
Digital only memberships are valid for internet access and digital materials. Patrons can request these for themselves or dependents at any time. A yearly fee for non-residents may apply.
Students attending school within the city of Portage la Prairie or at Portage la Prairie School District schools are entitled to a resident library membership.
To view our Membership and Borrowing Policies click here.