The library holds an Annual book sale in July and August. Material offered is either withdrawn from the collection or donated to the library. In addition to books, the sale may include: collectable newspapers, magazines, comic books, sheet music, audio books, DVDs and more!
If you are interested in donating materials to the book sale, please read the following criteria to ensure your donation is accepted.
Materials that are accepted as donations include:
- Reference works that are less than two years old,
- Children’s and Adult fiction that is less than five years old and in good condition,
- Non-fiction that is less than five years old, contains current and relevant information and is in good condition,
- Current DVDs and audio CDs if they are in their original cases and have copyright statements that allow for use under normal circumstances,
- Magazine subscriptions.
Materials not accepted as donations include:
- Encyclopedias, textbooks or Reader’s Digest Condensed Books,
- Dated information (old travel guides, medical and science books),
- Materials in poor condition (torn, stained, musty, yellow pages),
- Old magazines or loose issues of a magazine,
- VHS, cassette tapes, computer software applications,
- Consumables (e.g. workbooks),
- Smaller than 13 cm (standard book pocket size) Board Books excluded,
- Materials that cannot be shelved (e.g. ephemera, toys),
- Materials that contravene copyright law,
- Other – as determined by the Director
To view our Policy Manual, click here