Sitka Evergreen is the access point to search the library collection and to view a patron’s information
- Non-members can access the collection only. No other function is available.
Members (Sitka Evergreen)
- You must have a current library membership (in good standing)
- On the Library Home Page select “Our Collection / My Account” from the menu bar
- Choose “Catalogue Search / My Account” from the drop down menu
- To Log in – click on “My Account” at top right of the page
- In the “Log in to Your Account” space:
– type in the barcode from your library card in space indicated
– default PIN Number or Password will be the last 4 digits of your phone number (try this first) or the numbers 1 2 3 4.
Note: By accessing the Account Preferences tab a member can change Usernames and Passwords as often as one wishes.
Usernames and Passwords are case sensitive.
If you have trouble logging in, contact the Library at 204-857-4271
- Account Summary – lists holds, items on loan etc.
- Items Checked Out – shows items currently on loan to you. Items may be renewed from this screen. Patron s may also view their check out history if they have opted to keep their history (see Search and History Preferences below).
- Holds – lists items that you have placed a request on and shows the status of the requests. Patrons may cancel holds or suspend holds when going away on vacation. Patrons may view their holds history if they have opted to keep a history of their holds (see Search and History Preferences below).
- Account Preferences
Personal Preferences – allows you to change Username, PIN Number or Password and contact Email at your convenience. Adding your email address in this section allows the library to send courtesy notices, overdue notices and reserved item notifications directly to your email account in lieu of a traditional telephone call.
Notification Preferences – Patrons can choose their preferred method of contact for holds that are ready for pickup. The options include phone, email and text.
Search and History Preferences – if you require a history of materials that you have checked out in the past please select “Keep history of checked out items?“. Patrons may also choose to “Keep history of holds?” if they would like a record of the holds they have placed.
Due to privacy legislation, the Library staff no longer has access to your previously checked out items.
- My Lists – your personal ‘wish list’ of books or books in series etc. thaty you would like to read.
- Log Out – ALWAYS LOG OUT TO CLOSE YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN ORDER TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION
To return to the Home Page of our Website click on “LIBRARY HOME” in the yellow stripe at the top left of the page under Portage la Prairie Regional Library.