The Portage la Prairie Regional Library is looking for a 25 hour/week
permanent, part time staff member to serve as a Library Clerk.
The Library is looking for an individual who thrives in a team-based, service-oriented position,
and who strives to perform the highest quality work to the best of their ability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform circulation duties
• Provide basic reference and reader’s advisory services
• Maintain the library stacks
• Assist in providing genealogical research support
• Assist in maintaining the Restricted Access and Archives collection
• Provide assistance for senior staff members
• Other duties as required
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs
A criminal record and vulnerable person’s check will be required of the successful candidate,
and a child abuse registry check may be required as well.
The Portage la Prairie Regional Library is an equal opportunity employer,
and is willing to provide reasonable workplace accommodations
if the successful candidate should require any.
Applications for this position will be accepted until January 25 at 5:30 pm.
Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Applications are to be submitted online, via email, or in person at the library.
40-B Royal Road N. Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 1V1
Please see below for more details.