You may see one of the authorization errors listed below when you are trying to open an eBook in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
- Error! Check Activation
- “You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn’t previously been used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again.”
You can typically resolve these issues by de-authorizing and re-authorizing ADE on your computer.
HOW TO DE-AUTHORIZE AND RE-AUTHORIZE YOUR COMPUTER:
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) if it’s not already open.
2. Press Ctrl + Shift + D (Command + Shift + D on a Mac) on your keyboard.
3. In the pop-up window that opens, enter the password for your Adobe ID or OverDrive account (and make sure the correct Adobe ID or OverDrive account is listed in the drop-down menu). Then, click Continue.
4. Select Erase Authorization, then OK.
5. Try authorizing your computer again by going to Help > Authorize computer.It also a good idea to make sure you’re running the latest version of ADE 4.5.2,
download here: http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions.html
Click on downloads.
If you have any further questions, please email
eLibraries tech support issues from the eLM help page.